Followers

Sunday 19 February 2017

Review - Oh My Glitter by Robyn McCattrall Liquid Lipstick - Sakura

Oh My Glitter by Robyn McCattrall - Image from www.facebook.com/OhMyGlitterOMG

About a week or so ago, a Facebook page that I had been keeping my eye on, but never actually purchased from made a post that caught my eye.

I  have been following Oh My Glitter by Robyn McCattrall for a little while, I think I had seen her products mentioned in one of the many Facebook makeup groups I'm in, although after receiving my lipstick I reached out to Robyn for a little chat as I wanted to write this blog. 
Robyn Makes eyeshadows, highlighters, pressed glitters and lipsticks. Robyn started her business around 7 months ago, after her friends had mentioned that they struggled to find vegan and cruelty free makeup so she created some products to pass around friends and after the great response she got, she decided to look into making and selling her own makeup. 

You will probably recognise this very pretty packaging as being similar to a certain well known fashion designer's lip gloss component. Very expensive looking, with a mermaid scale design on the bottle, these lipsticks are a packaging lovers dream (and at a fraction of the price of the designer lip gloss)!


I ordered a mini liquid lipstick in the shade Sakura. This is a VERY pale pinky nude with a gold duochrome shift to it, and it is absolutely stunning. I'm very fair skinned so I do prefer to wear it on top of another lip colour, although I have worn it alone a couple of times. Here's a swatch of Sakura.


And a lip swatch.

And Sakura on top of a purple liquid lipstick.
I do really like this lipstick. I paid £8.99 for a mini, and the full size versions retail at £14.99. Postage (within the UK) took two days and I don't remember the cost but it was certainly reasonable.

I find that when applying this lipstick I do need to dip the applicator back into the tube a few times, but I wonder if that could be an issue with the actual doe foot applicator than the product itself. The product is not at all lumpy or patchy, just a nice smooth formula that dries down completely  matte and most importantly, is comfortable to wear.

I have to say, the last time I wore this lipstick out I ate like a pig (burger and ice cream) and it barely budged. A bit had come away from the inner bottom lip, but I had expected it to have completely vanished, especially with it being such a pale colour.
I am certainly more than impressed with the wear time and formula of this lipstick and I can't wait to try more colours and maybe even one of Robyn's subscription boxes!

Robyn's Facebook page: www.Facebook.com/OhMyGlitterOMG
Robyn's Website: www.ohmyglitteromg.com

No comments:

Post a Comment